22 February 2012

22 February 2012–Random Musings

 

Morning Surprise

So, I woke up this morning, and while checking my email, I came across an ad for Zig and Wikki *in* the Cow, which I had reviewed the other day. As I was scrolling through the email, I came across this:

review

It took me a minute to realize that I was reading my own words. Then it hit me… I’m being used in promotional materials! I was so excited, I did a happy dance right then and there. Seriously though, Toon Books is on to something great in general. I’ve long thought that emergent readers can benefit the most from graphic novels, and the folks at Toon are keyed into that as well.

I’m also on Goodreads and Facebook (shameless self plug)

 

Jimmy Gownley announces new Tumblr page

It was with a bit of shock that I discovered that Jimmy Gownley was ending his Amelia Rules series recently, but he did announce that he’s working on other projects. In fact, he just opened a new Tumblr page to showcase some of the things he did (and plans to do). Regardless of what he comes up with next, it’s going to be awesome.

Check out his Tumblr page here.

 

Denver Comic Con

Don’t forget! If you live in or around the Rocky Mountains (Or you’re headed that way this summer), The First Annual Denver Comic Con is happening this summer! June 15 – 17 in beautiful Downtown Denver, and NO it is not going to be in some cramped hotel ballroom, They’ve got the Convention Center. I’ve been there, it’s huge. It’s shaping up to be an awesome run-up to SDCC and Dragon*Con. For more information, hit their link here, and tell ‘em Nathan at the Graphic Novel Reader sent ya.

 

(This is an update of an earlier post, added some more pics, and the Denver Comic Con article)

No comments:

Post a Comment